image1 image2 image3 image4

TRAVEL ADVENTURES|EUROPE TRIP 2016|SCOTLAND|IRELAND|GERMANY|ITALY|NETHERLANDS|AUSTRIA|SWITZERLAND

Day 1

Chris and I met Steven at LAX, and Steven's friend shuttled us down to the international terminal.  Where I promptly realized I had left my phone back at the other terminal.

Phone was retrieved without incident.

The three of us had dinner, which took forever, and almost made us late for our flight.  They were doing final boarding call as we walked ran up.  Steven realized once we were on the plane he had lost his jacket somewhere between dinner and the flight.























The flight was 10+ hours in cramped economy seats, with beverage service only 3 times (basically, every 2-3 hours).  Steven and Chris made friends with the flight attendant and got some free drinks.  Until that flight attendant was off duty and disappeared to go sleep.  Chris and Steven wandered up to the galley where they annoyed the on duty flight attendants and got asked to take their seats.  "American rule" was the explanation given.  Whatever that means.

I had a massive headache by this time (one tiny cup of water every 2-3 hours is not enough!) and the flight attendant was nice enough to get me some tylenol, but I had to sign my life away (practically) to get it.

At our connection to Edinburgh from Dublin, we got lost at customs several times, but finally made it to our gate in the lower level of the airport (heck let's call it the basement) and met up with Robin.  We got to spend a fair amount of time there since our flight got delayed about 45 minutes plus the 2 hour layover.

Arrived in Scotland, and hopped on a bus to our hotel.  By this time we've been awake 24 hours and it's Saturday night in Edinburgh.

Share this:

CONVERSATION